Deeney Enterprises, LLC has launched a course for product design engineers: The Quality during Design Journey. It is a blended online course with live coaching components.
The purpose of the QDD Journey is for product design engineers to use and iterate on quality and reliability models during product development – using them to learn about the product during its development for design decisions and to communicate with their cross-functional team.
The initial launch makes available Course 1: Design for Problems and Risks. This Course is all about expanding product design to include problems and risks, and how we can use that to our advantage with our cross-functional team to get early design inputs and make decisions throughout the development process.
Learning objectives of Course 1 are:
- Evaluate problems with a team as a means of design input.
- Develop group discussions to explore potential risks in product concepts.
- Identify ways design can control risks within a system.
- Define design priorities and actions based on risk throughout the development process.
- Describe how risk analyses link and why we do different types of risk analyses (including FMEA – failure mode and effects analysis).
- Choose categories to monitor in the field based on risk analyses, following a model of continuous improvement.
For more information about all three courses in the Quality during Design Journey, visit this page at qualityduringdesign.com: QDD Journey Course Sales – Quality During Design